The New York Bottling Co., Inc was established in 1914. According to the January 15, 1915 Issue of the American Bottler:
A consolidation of the following prominent New York City bottling concerns took place on April 1: A. Ludorff, S.A. Ludin & Co., (New York Bottling Co), W.E. Seitz & Co., John F. Hughs, Henry Kracke (Globe Mineral Water Co) and the A. Liebler Bottling Co. The new company is called the NY Bottling Co., Albert Ludorff is president and J. E. Ludin is Tres.
The NYC Copartnership and Corporation Directories for 1915 and 1919 listed the consolidated company as the New York Bottling Co, Inc. (NY), Albert Ludorff Pres, John E Ludin Tres and R E Schoder Sec. Capital $750,000. 532 W 20th, 417 E 90th, 402 w 126th. Note that the 126th St address is the former address of the A Liebler Bottling Co.
In the 1922 NYC Directory, the company address was given as 502 – 514 W. 45th St and they remained there until moving to 118 N 11th St in Brooklyn sometime in the early 1930’s.
The New York Bottling Company name dates back to the late 1870’s or early 1880’s. It was located at 160 S 5th Avenue up until 1896 when they moved to 622 West 55th Street. Around 1900 it appears that they were acquired by S.A. Ludin & Co. one of the firms included in the 1914 consolidation. From 1900 to 1914 the NY Bottling Co was listed as a registered trade name of S A Ludin & Co. at the following addresses: 620 W 55th St (1900 to 1901) and 514 W 36th St (1902 – 1914).
Early Directories list the other members of the consolidation at the following addresses:
- Ludorff & Macke – 517 W 57th St – (1897 Business Directory)
- W E Seitz & Co – 310 E 82nd St – (1897 Business Directory)
- A Liebler Bottling Co – 403 W 126th St – (1897 Business Directory)
- Globe Mineral Water – 144 Lincoln Ave – (1909 Copartnership and Corporation Directory)
The bottle I found is machine made (9oz) with the “Inc” added to the Company name. This dates it no earlier than the 1914 consolidation.